I will be presenting my doctoral research on the (free) Worldwide Virtual Conference Library 2.012. The presentation name is “Doing Online Relearning through Information Skills (DORIS): Contributions for Information Literacy Programs”. This research in a nutshell is about the integration of social media into higher education and the discovery of the roles that information, digital and new literacies play in such integration. This presentation focuses on the contributions that my research can provide to information literacy programs. You may find information about my session and the schedule of the conference according to your timezone.
- Thinking outside of literacy: Moving beyond traditional information literacy activitiesThinking outside of literacy: Moving beyond traditional information literacy activities Abstract: A brief reflection on what might be becoming the traditional way of conducting information and digital literacy activities, together with some recommendations in order to move beyond these traditional grounds. This reflection is framed within this age of social […]
- Developing Latin America: Is information enough to save the region?Developing Latin America: Is information enough to save the region? Abstract:Latin America does not exist. These 42 diverse and developing countries are hardly a union. However, they share geographical proximity, history, strangely unique elements, and the wish to progress. This first issue of a new column, ‘Developing Latin America’, explores some informati […]
- Los números de 2014Los números de 2014Los duendes de las estadísticas de WordPress.com prepararon un informe sobre el año 2014 de este blog. Aquí hay un extracto: Un teleférico de San Francisco puede contener 60 personas. Este blog fue visto por 710 veces en 2014. Si el blog fue un teleférico, se necesitarían alrededor de 12 viajes para llevar tantas personas. Haz click para v […]
- Articles for the European Conference on Information Literacy (ECIL)Articles for the European Conference on Information Literacy (ECIL) http://wp.me/s7eWr-ecil2013 The first European Conference on Information Literacy (ECIL) took place on 22-25 October 2013, in Istambul, Turkey. I proposed two papers for this conference and I had the opportunity to get both accepted. It was great to have two papers selected among the quite i […]
- International Collowuium on Alternative Models of Learning and AccessInternational Collowuium on Alternative Models of Learning and Access On September 19, 2013, CETYS Universidad hosted the International Colloquium ‘Higher Education: Alternative Models of Learning and Access’ and I had the opportunity of moderating its second panel‘How to successfully swim in learning new schemes Info – skills, MOOCs, ICT and other technolog […]
- Slidecasts to be (killed) DiscontinuedSlidecasts to be (killed) Discontinued After the turn of the year, on February 7, Slideshare announced through its blog that slidecasts are going to be discontinued. Slidecasts are presentations uploaded to Slideshare that are synched to a MP3 audio file. While it’s relatively easy to create a slidecast, it may be seen as a niche practice, as some preparatio […]
- Venezuelan proverbs: Uncertainty
There are moments in our...Venezuelan proverbs: Uncertainty There are moments in our existence when we find ourselves hopelessly at a crossroad. In these moments common sense or any kind of clairvoyance is useless to know what will happen.
- Los números de 2013Los duendes de las estadísticas de...Los números de 2013Los duendes de las estadísticas de WordPress.com prepararon un informe sobre el año 2013 de este…View Post
- Recommended Read: This Week’s Top Comedy Video: Carmen...Recommended Read: This Week’s Top Comedy Video: Carmen Electra’s C*m Ghosts The horrible question everyone should never have to ask themselves: what if? What if you studied a…View Post
- Surface Pro 2 and Surface 2: Now With New Kickstand!This is a...Surface Pro 2 and Surface 2: Now With New Kickstand!This is a parody (of course) of a post with the same title via SlashdotView Post
judamasmas' Weblog by
Juan Daniel Machín Mastromatteo
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.