I will be presenting my doctoral research on the (free) Worldwide Virtual Conference Library 2.012. The presentation name is “Doing Online Relearning through Information Skills (DORIS): Contributions for Information Literacy Programs”. This research in a nutshell is about the integration of social media into higher education and the discovery of the roles that information, digital and new literacies play in such integration. This presentation focuses on the contributions that my research can provide to information literacy programs. You may find information about my session and the schedule of the conference according to your timezone.
- Venezuelan proverbs: Uncertainty
There are moments in our...Venezuelan proverbs: Uncertainty There are moments in our existence when we find ourselves hopelessly at a crossroad. In these moments common sense or any kind of clairvoyance is useless to know what will happen.
- Los números de 2013Los duendes de las estadísticas de...Los números de 2013Los duendes de las estadísticas de WordPress.com prepararon un informe sobre el año 2013 de este…View Post
- Recommended Read: This Week’s Top Comedy Video: Carmen...Recommended Read: This Week’s Top Comedy Video: Carmen Electra’s C*m Ghosts The horrible question everyone should never have to ask themselves: what if? What if you studied a…View Post
- Surface Pro 2 and Surface 2: Now With New Kickstand!This is a...Surface Pro 2 and Surface 2: Now With New Kickstand!This is a parody (of course) of a post with the same title via SlashdotView Post
- Proverbios Venezolanos: para lidiar con el desprecio de quienes...Proverbios Venezolanos: para lidiar con el desprecio de quienes no te conocen http://wp.me/s7eWr-danceView Post
- Has Google Killed RSS?Has Google Killed RSS?: from Social Media Today - The world’s best thinkers on social media by Mike Allton Industry observers have been saying for years that RSS is dead or dying. And yet, strangely, we still use RSS to disseminate and aggregate content today. The problem, what has everyone on Twitter and Google+ flummoxed, is that Google Reader, the undispu […]
- Publisher Sues University Librarian Over His Personal Blog PostsPublisher Sues University Librarian Over His Personal Blog Posts: from Slashdot by samzenpus McGruber writes “The Chronicle of Higher Education has the news that Herbert Richardson, founder of Edwin Mellen Press is suing McMaster University and University Librarian Dale Askey for $3 Million over Mr. Askey’s posts on a personal blog. In 2010 Mr. Askey wrote a […]
- Scientists Claim They've Built a Computer That Never CrashesScientists Claim They've Built a Computer That Never Crashes: from Gizmodo by Jamie Condliffe A crashing computer is at best annoying and at worst catastrophic. But now a team of scientists has developed a new type of computer that never crashes—and it relies on chaos and randomness to achieve the feat. More »
- Inhibiendo la democraciaInhibiendo la democracia: from El Blog de Enrique Dans by Enrique Dans Esta mañana tuvo lugar la comparecencia de Mario Draghi en el Congreso de los Diputados (El Mundo, El País, 20Minutos). El presidente del Banco Central Europeo comparecía a puerta cerrada, cuestión que algunos diputados, cargados de razón, consideraron completamente inaceptable.
- Take me with you!Take me with you!
judamasmas' Weblog by
Juan Daniel Machín Mastromatteo
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.