Perhaps I claim it for being the first of the arts in which I entered, perhaps I say it because it really is the truth, who knows? I believe that the supreme artistic expression part from words, when naming an object we create it and we make it ours. In painting the word exists, beyond the title of a work, the message although elusive it is of a tacit, invisible form, like the rest of the arts, the work waits his spectator to arrive, to complete itself and to be simultaneously equal and nevertheless different, when it deconstructs itself in the gallery and returns to be constructed in the mind and the unconscious of the spectator. In music, the word is that accumulation of emotions evoked by seductive notes entering our ears and being codified by our brain. Many musical sorts use poetry to indicate a message in a more explicit form. Literature… what could say of it that it has been said? Let us look for a way to express ourselves, a way impulsive, creative, full of emotion and at the same time without it, a Literature without rules or critic. If the word manages to move some feeling, or impel an action, it has already fulfilled its assignment.
- From Caracas to Lyon: A road toward sustainable development?From Caracas to Lyon: A road toward sustainable development?Further expanding on topics around public libraries (and as a sister issue to a previous column), together with Renny Granda we ask if the Caracas Declaration for the Public Library (1982) and the Lyon Declaration on Access to Information and Development (2014) can allow us to follow a path toward s […]
- Scientific production in Mexican universities: Rates and expectations toward competitivenessScientific production in Mexican universities: Rates and expectations toward competitiveness Together with Javier Tarango, we analyze issues of scientific production in Mexican universities. Abstract: This article analyzes emerging issues that Mexican universities are experiencing with scientific production processes, their impact on assessment indicators th […]
- Thank you Starman
I share the playslist (in chronological...Thank you Starman I share the playslist (in chronological order) in order to pay an homage this weekend to whom I consider my favorite artist of all time.
- Los números de 2015
Los duendes de las estadísticas de...Los números de 2015 Los duendes de las estadísticas de WordPress.com prepararon un informe sobre el año 2015 de este blog.
- Latin American science is meant to be open access: Initiatives and current challengesLatin American science is meant to be open access: Initiatives and current challenges Together with Dominique Babini, we summarize the rise of open access in the region and its main initiatives. Abstract: Latin American open access (OA) initiatives were built upon the foundations laid by the regional cooperative information networks, databases and indexes th […]
- Win an Alienware Alpha with Bundle Stars!bundlestars: That’s right! To celebrate Bundle Fest 3, we’ve got a brand new, top-spec, Alienware Alpha machine worth $799 to give away to one lucky winner absolutely free!With a 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor, we’ve got the highest spec Alpha available loaded with free games including PAYDAY 2, Awesomenauts, Magicka and an Xbox 360 controller thro […]
- Thinking outside of literacy: Moving beyond traditional information literacy activitiesThinking outside of literacy: Moving beyond traditional information literacy activities Abstract: A brief reflection on what might be becoming the traditional way of conducting information and digital literacy activities, together with some recommendations in order to move beyond these traditional grounds. This reflection is framed within this age of social […]
- Developing Latin America: Is information enough to save the region?Developing Latin America: Is information enough to save the region? Abstract:Latin America does not exist. These 42 diverse and developing countries are hardly a union. However, they share geographical proximity, history, strangely unique elements, and the wish to progress. This first issue of a new column, ‘Developing Latin America’, explores some informati […]
- Los números de 2014Los números de 2014Los duendes de las estadísticas de WordPress.com prepararon un informe sobre el año 2014 de este blog. Aquí hay un extracto: Un teleférico de San Francisco puede contener 60 personas. Este blog fue visto por 710 veces en 2014. Si el blog fue un teleférico, se necesitarían alrededor de 12 viajes para llevar tantas personas. Haz click para v […]
- Articles for the European Conference on Information Literacy (ECIL)Articles for the European Conference on Information Literacy (ECIL) http://wp.me/s7eWr-ecil2013 The first European Conference on Information Literacy (ECIL) took place on 22-25 October 2013, in Istambul, Turkey. I proposed two papers for this conference and I had the opportunity to get both accepted. It was great to have two papers selected among the quite i […]
judamasmas' Weblog by
Juan Daniel Machín Mastromatteo
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.